We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Apprentice Agricultural Technician
Job reference: AT2104
Closing date: 30/04/2021
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 39
APPRENTICE AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN
With the emphasis firmly on farming machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls utilising the very latest diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include:
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in the removal and reconditioning of components
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner.
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast-developing, high-tech industry
Your apprenticeship will last approximately 3 years
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with training, leading to a nationally recognised and valued qualification. You will work at Ancroft Tractors Ltd and will also spend time at the Agco Apprentice Training Centre.
You are supported by a designated Assessor and by your employer, gaining valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan, with progress monitored by your Assessor who will make regular visits for on the job assessment and guidance.
- 30 Days Holiday
Please submit your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, or contact Tom Brown on 07977 916170 for more information.